Saturday at Santa Anita:
All eyes will move to Santa Anita on Saturday. Starting with The San Felipe for 3 year olds and then moving on to the Santa Anita Handicap. My rating of the races would be the San Felipe is heavy with talent, a really exciting edition. While the Santa Anita Hdcp is missing some big name horses, but very interesting for handicapping
In the San Felipe we will be evaluating the progress of Exaggerator, Mor Spirit and Smokey Image. While keeping a watchful eye on Uncle Lino, Danzing Candy, I Will Score and Cupid.
In the Big Cap, we will try to answer some questions, “is Donworth able to repeat his terrific effort in the San Antonio – in which he took the worse of it. Will Imperative bounce after finally running a TOP… and much more…
Try the new PLUS — same as Classic JJPP, Plus a Contender’s List and more—>
With the following special Features
- 1 or 2 Featured Play’s per card…
- Several exotic wagers are “considered” for your review…
- Handicapping commentary around our Featured Play
- Light betting strategy – around our exotic plays…
- A Contender’s List in every race
- PLUS… all the information of the Classic Jerry J’s Power Page
The Featured Play — RESULTING, exclusively on our JJPP-PLUS … showing plenty of Green!
- 3-10 Aqu. — Takress Place
- 3-10 Aqu. — Making Havoc WIN $4.10
- 3-10 S.A. — Lob City Place
- 3-10 S.A. — Mr. Cartagena WIN $4.20
- 3/6 Aqu. — Imslowpokerodri WIN $4.50
- 3/6 S. A. — W. Giles WIN $4.80
- 3/5 Aqu. — Marble Falls Place
- 3/5 S. A. — Ketos Out
- 3/5 Aqu. — Bustin The Bank WIN $4.60
- 3/4 Aqu. — El Genio Show
- 3/4 S. A. — Na. From Na WIN $6.60
- 3/3 Aqu . — Mascarello Out
- 3/3 S. A. — RunThe Show Out
Our Featured Plays are typically reliable short priced horses to use in various exotic type wagers… Last week we were 4 wins, 1 place from 9 Featured Plays. This week we have started with 2 Winners and 2 Place out of 4 Fp’s on Thursday.
They still have to win and they still need to have a near-positive ROI, our highest Priced Featured Play this month was Boozer at $14.00 in the 6th at Santa Anita on 2/27/2016.
SONGBIRD – The Queen of the Turf…
3 year olds that rate !
- Nyquist — The leader in the clubhouse right now, has never been anything but brilliant!
- Mor Spirit — Big tough colt, raced like a champ in last, let’s see if he can go for two in a row!
- Songbird (the fabulous filly – she could be the best, no competition so far — full of brilliance)
- Moyhamen ( downgraded dispite nice efforts, slower to develop due to weaker competition…)
- Smokey Image – looking to move up today
- Exaggerator (newly added to this list – can you believe he’s 6th !)
Songbird was magnificent in every way, ONCE AGAIN. Her race was another MONSTER beating of inferior horses. Some might think the race was lackluster, but if you think as I do, that the bias favored the closer type, this was a really good effort. The early fractions were those of a true Grade 1 horse, and the cruise control home will definitely leave plenty in the tank… But she does need a little competition…
Track Bias Report for Friday:
Aqueduct: Honest, as all styles took their shots…
Santa Anita : Speed favoring…
Race Day Plays for Friday:
Aqueduct: Race #4 — Richie Rich — .. . off at EVEN from a M/L 7/2….broke alertly and taken in hand, but then moved boldly to attend the lead in the 2-path, joined on the outside to duel 3 across, then drew clear in an excellent performance… WIN $3.90…
Santa Anita: Race #4 — Short Memories — off at 2/1 … dull throughout, might not have liked the wet surface which arrived shortly before the start of the 4th race… aren’t we lucky…
ROI – 1.20 Total Plays = 84, —- wins = 20, —– place = 11, —– Total exacta 18/84
Total return $201.20
Total Cost $168.00